Have you gone through countless tutorials and online courses, but still can’t put an app together by yourself?
Copy-pasted a bunch of code from tutorials and StackOverflow, but don’t fully understand it, and how to debug it? Let alone, show to a potential employer?
Let me offer you THE FIRST AND ONLY, hands-on project-oriented program - CodeIntense!
The plan is extremely simple: within one month, you will learn how to build a functional to-do list app, first in vanilla JS and then in React.
You will build, style and deploy the app. If you are especially fast we might even make a simple Node.js server. However, speed is NOT the goal of this program, understanding and methodical thinking, are.
Unlike ANY other program:
- You will learn how to write code entirely on your own, not copy-pasting stuff you don’t understand from a video/tutorial/StackOverflow.
- You will NOT learn 50 different technologies, frameworks and libraries, from which you will remember none. The program is very focused and you will learn only what is necessary. This way you will put it to practice and remember most of it.
- You will learn how to think as a programmer, and solve problems on your own.
- You will NOT learn a bunch of theory that you will not fully understand or implement.
- Every part of the app you will build will be clear to you and you could explain it to anyone.
How does the CodeIntense program work?
- We make a simple plan for the app.
- I provide you with learning materials for self learning and guidance how to use them.
- We have 1-on-1 or small group Zoom sessions to cover all the gaps between theory and practice, make sure you never get stuck.
- You will be added to a very active and collaborative Slack group for questions between sessions.
- ENJOY BUILDING!
Technologies we will cover:
- JS functional approach: return values, passing functions etc.
- ES6 basics.
- React, using functional components and hooks.
- CSS & Styled Components.
- Local storage.
- React Router.
- App code organization.
- Git, GitHub and AWS for sharing and deploying your work.
- Bootstrap or Material UI
- Node.js & express server.
- MongoDB & mongoose.
- Axios for HTTP calls between client and server.
- High motivation to achieve career/business goals.
- The ability to work independently from home.
- Basic HTML & CSS
- Basic experience with any kind of programming language (not necessarily JS).
- At least 12 weekly hours available (20 is optimal).
If you complete the CodeIntense program successfully, you will have the opportunity to apply to the full 1-on-1 mentorship program! Working on a bigger scale, in group projects, advanced concepts, help with job search and much more!