Leadership and autonomy are two of the most important qualities a programmer must have to excel at his or her job and be truly successful in the industry.
What if I offered you a program where you were responsible not only for your success but had the privilege of mentoring and pulling up others. Building not only knowledge but confidence, teamwork and leadership skills! And on top of that, learning to do so in a distributed environment, which is the future as we all can see.
This program is aimed at highly-driven individuals that are interested in setting goals and following them through. I am looking for students that see beyond a fat paycheck, but care about creating great things and supporting others.
There are two routes:
- THE BUILDER - The career route - get into the industry as a developer, already having the backbone to become a leader. You will build a portfolio of apps that will impress most potential employers.
- THE CREATOR - The entrepreneur route - plan and build your dream project in a fertile environment, experience managing a project and a team, and having me as a business and development partner.
In a sharp contrast to the “bootcamp” approach, the main goal is not to spend as much hours possible in front of a keyboard. After a certain point this does more harm than good and actually prevents the mind from retaining new knowledge.
The focus is on developing your thinking, learning and problem-solving skills. After each period of technical learning, there will be many tasks involving thinking and planning. For example:
- Making a diagram of the logic of your app, without actual code, and finding flaws and inefficiencies in it. For your and for other people’s.
- Teaching others new concepts you have learned. From short written summaries to frontal lectures in front of multiple students.
- Daily progress reports.
- Group projects: planning, managing and executing. Rotating roles on different projects (front-end, back-end, product owner etc.)
Lastly, the biggest challenge to your thinking skills is actually not technical but personal and emotional. The education system most of us went through may provide certain results, but the damage it does to our learning abilities and self-image as students, is tremendous.
I will be helping you to unfuck years of false beliefs about your skills and abilities. Using the approach that coding is a talent but a skill that anyone can learn and master with the right amount of effort.
The core of the program is 1-on-1 mentorship with me, that will unblock any issues you might have—technical, mental, or emotional. I will make sure you are moving forward and focusing your energy on the right things, getting results.
In order to achieve those ambitious goals, the program is extremely focused. Even though it is entirely online, daily check ins and engagement are a must in order to stay in it. You will need at least 12 weekly hours to participate. There are no refunds in any case.
My goal is to help you become a better version of yourself so you can go and improve the lives of others around you, code is just your tool.
- Successfully complete the CodeIntense program.
- High motivation to achieve career/business goals.
- The ability to work independently from home.
- At least 12 weekly hours available (20 is optimal).
- Some coding background. Could be another language or experience with tutorials. You should have a sense of what you are getting into.